Acrylic tubs are one of the most sought-after tubs in the market and are found in almost every home. Thanks to their durability, low maintenance, less weight, and affordable cost, acrylic bathtubs are loved by everyone.
But their less maintenance does not mean you can use anything as an acrylic bathtub cleaner. Some cleaners contain harmful substances which can damage your bathtub and lower its lifespan. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the best acrylic bathtub cleaner that is not just safe but also do the cleaning job perfectly.
Have a look at the best acrylic tub cleaners we have found for you that will guarantee a squeaky-clean bathtub! Plus, all these acrylic bathtub cleaners are completely safe to use and well-suited for acrylic material.
Comparison table for the best acrylic tub cleaners for cleaning stains..
Rating & Price
Oh Yuk Jetted Tub Cleaner for Jacuzzis, Bathtubs, Whirlpools.
Wet & Forget Shower Cleaner Weekly Application
Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover Shower Glass Door Cleaner
1. It’s fragrance-free
2. Easy to use
3. Versatile cleaner ( can be used on other surfaces as well)
Better Life Natural Tub and Tile Cleaner.
Clean Shower No Scent Basin Tub and Tile Cleaner
5 Best Acrylic tubs Cleaners Reviews
So are you looking for the best acrylic tub cleaner that is safe, removes stains and does the cleaning job perfectly? We have got you covered! You will find tons of options out there when it comes to bathtub cleaners, but most of them may not be suited for acrylic material cleaning. So to make your life easier and help you choose the best cleaner, here is a list of the 5 best acrylic tub cleaners:
1. Oh Yuk Jetted Tub Cleaner for Jacuzzis, Bathtub cleaning, Whirlpools, The Most Effective Jetted Tub Cleaner, Septic Safe, 4 Cleanings per Bottle – 16 Ounces.
Oh Yuk Jetted Tub Cleaner is an instant fix for all the unwanted dirt and build-up stains in your acrylic material bathtubs, jacuzzis, or pools. It is not only scientifically engineered but also laboratory and field-tested to guarantee every last bit of debris and black flakes extracted and washed out of your bathtub for a clean and safe bath. This makes it one of the best acrylic bathtub cleaner. Plus on the economical side, one 16 ounce bottle is ample for up to four cleanings!
Another feature that gives this jetted bathtub cleanser is that, unlike other brands that require an enormous amount of time, Oh Yuk cleans your bathtub and remove stains in just 15 minutes which means you can easily do the task in your daily routine without having to worry about cleaning for long hours.
- Brand: Oh Yuk
- Item Weight: 16 Ounces
- Item State: Liquid
- Product Dimensions: 2.1 x 3 x 8 inches;
- Fragrance: Yes
- Cleanings per bottle: 4
- It’s completely bleach-free and safe for your shower curtains or any clothes around
- Safe to use with an acrylic whirlpool
- Contains active Quaternary Ammonium cation which works as a super effective disinfectant
- Fragrance may be overpowering for some people
2. Wet & Forget Shower Cleaner Weekly Application Requires No Scrubbing, Bleach-Free Formula, 64 OZ. Ready to Use best cleaners.
The second one on the list of best acrylic tub cleaners is Wet & Forget Shower Cleaner, which is the perfect Bleach, Ammonia, Dyes, and Irritating fumes-free cleaning formula for all the clean freaks out there. It is one of the best cleaners because it saves you the hassle of scrubbing your bathtub multiple times a week, just one clean will remove stains and leave your bathroom sparkling and smelling like heaven for the rest of the days!
It does not require all the work in one go, spray the cleaner and rinse clean the next day that too without the extra effort of scrubbing stains and wiping the tub! Just one full spray and that’s all it takes for a clean and healthy bathtub.
- Product Dimensions: 16.8 x 9.6 x 11.3 inches
- Item Weight: 4 pounds
- Best Sellers Rank: #894 in Health & Household, #12 in All-Purpose Household Cleaners and #288 in Sales & Deals
- Works on hard water stains
- Safe for glass shower door and fiberglass shower
- Ammonia free
- Fragrance may be unpleasant to some people
3. Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover Shower Glass Bathroom Door Cleaner Works on Ceramic Tile, Chrome, Plastic and More 24oz.
Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover is multiple award-winning cleaner proudly made in the United States. Its non-toxic and abrasive-free formula is guaranteed to give you a clean, sparkling bathtub within the most affordable price range. Just spray the Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap on any surface, and wait for the magical acrylic material bathtub cleaner to manifest its magic!
Unlike other bathtub cleaners, Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover caters to a wide variety of surface materials. From glass, ceramic tile, and fiberglass to natural stone, plastic, chrome, and porcelain, this cleaner is guaranteed to work wonders on stains for all various surfaces you can find in your bathroom!
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 4 x 11 inches
- Weight: 0.73 Pounds
- Ingredients: Soap Scum Remover
- Fragrance: No
- Made in the US
- It’s fragrance-free
- Easy to use
- Versatile cleaner ( can be used on other surfaces as well)
- Does not kill germs
Better Life Natural Tub and Tile Cleaner is purely made of organic plants which not only enhances its overall end results but also makes it extremely safe for kids and pets. Its all in one stain-fighting power is greatly effective for build-up and stains in your bathtub, made of acrylic material ,that doesn’t come out easily – just a couple of splashes and all sorts of water stains, body oils, black flakes, rust, and other stubborn bath scum will rinse out, giving your bathtub a glossy, clean look.
Since it’s mainly made from organic matter, this bath cleaner smells amazingly refreshing while not containing any synthetic fragrances in it which is extremely beneficial for people who have allergies to artificial smells.
- Fragrance: Tea Tree & Eucalyptus
- Ingredients: Plant-derived ingredients
- Cleaner Form: Spray
- Product Dimensions: 3.45 x 6.9 x 10 inches; 4.46 Pounds
- Size: 32 Fl Oz
- One sprayer comes with 2 packs
- Does not contain any harsh chemicals like Sodium lauryl sulfates or petroleum solvents
- Removes soap scum, rust, and stains without fumes or irritating fragrances.
- Tea tree oil may be toxic to your dog or cat
The Clean Shower spray does an incredible job of cleaning stains from your acrylic material bathtub as it is made for fighting soap build-up and residue over acrylic surfaces. It is a scrub-free cleaner, meaning you simply have to spray it on the dirty area and come back to see a sparkling clean acrylic material bathtub without even rinsing. If you are looking for a simple and faster cleaner, this is the one for you.
Its spray bottle is very convenient to use which makes it perfect for elderly people or people with back problems who are unable to bend. Plus, it also gives an effort-free cleaning experience and saves time because you do not have to scrub the cleaner.
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 10 x 11.4 inches; 2 Pounds
- Item Weight: 2 Pounds
- Fragrance: No
- Item Form: Spray
- Cleans faster
- No need to scrub
- The smell is not overpowering
- Might be expensive for daily use if you are on a budget
How to clean an acrylic bathtub?
To get a sparkling clean acrylic made bathtub, you will need an acrylic bathtub cleaner that is suitable for use on Acrylic (always read the product label before use). However, the tools you use for cleaning your acrylic made bathtub are equally important. We recommend using a soft towel or sponge that won’t leave scratches on the acrylic surface.
Clean the acrylic surface with a soft cloth, sponge, or towel using warm water and apply the acrylic made bathtub cleaner to dissolve any deposits or stains. Then let the liquid sit for some 10-20 minutes, rub over any leftover stains, and rinse the bathtub with warm water thoroughly. Do not use a cloth that has a rough surface as it can cause scratches on the acrylic surface.
Are these products safe to use on acrylic bathtub? VINEGAR, CLOROX WIPES, BAR KEEPERS FRIEND,SCRUBBING BUBBLES,EPSOM SALT, MR CLEAN.
When you are cleaning your acrylic made bathtub, there are some things that you must keep in mind. Not all substances are equal so it is important to know which ones you can use and which ones to avoid.
- Vinegar: Due to its high acidity level it is a good natural cleaner that can remove mineral deposits and soap scum from acrylic bathtubs
- Clorox Wipes: They are non-abrasive and can help you prevent scratches on your bathtub
- Bar Keepers Friend: Generally it is safe to use but do not scrub the dry Bar Keepers Friend on the surface of your acrylic made bathtub, always make sure to wet the surface and let it dissolve first
- Epsom Salt: Safe to use but do not leave for extended periods of time without washing. Always make sure no residue is left on the surface
- Mr. Clean: The Magic Eraser by Mr.Clean is safe to use but make sure you scrub gently, using a lot of force can damage the acrylic surface
- Scrubbing Bubbles: They are abrasive and most acrylic made bathtub manufacturers do not recommend them
There are a lot of products that can be used for cleaning your acrylic made bathtub. It comes down to your own preferences to select the cleaner that suits you best. If you are someone who is allergic to smells, go for a scent-free one. Similarly, if you have pets or babies at home, a non-toxic cleaner would be a better choice. In conclusion, all cleaners are not the same, and you have to choose one according to your needs. Lastly, the material you are using to scrub should be a soft one, since rough surfaces can leave scratches on your acrylic bathtubs.