We have researched for you the best infrared electric fireplace. But why choose an infrared electric fireplace. By the way it is a great choice.
Infrared heaters radiate heat just like the sun rays. When you go out in the sun, you feel the warmness of the sun rays after just a few seconds. That is the feeling you get with the infrared electric heaters.
It radiates heat straight out and warms the object it comes into contact with. It does not warm the air, and so the natural warm environment is retained without drying out the air. The humidity in the air is retained.
That is why it can be used for zone heating. Why heat an area of your home which does not need heating. Hence the zone heating. The infrared electric fireplace does this perfectly. The added advantage is that it saves on energy bills because you are not wasting energy.
If you have chosen to use an infrared electric fireplace, the next decision is what type of electric fireplace with infrared heating do you want to purchase?
There are different types of electric fireplaces that use the infrared heater as the source of heat. These types of electric fireplace are;
- Electric fireplace wall mount
- Electric fireplace inserts
- Electric fireplace tv stand
- Electric fireplace freestanding
- Electric fireplace recessed
- Electric fireplace logs
- Electric fireplace stove.
So to make it very easy for you to make a suitable choice for your situation, we have reviewed the best infrared electric fireplace for each type of electric fireplace.
Best freestanding infrared electric fireplace.
- This can be used with or without heat.
- Zone heating. Use it when you want and where you want.
- Included is remote control for convenience.
- It has on/off 12 hour timer
- Saves on electricity bill, because you don’t need to heat the entire home.
- The Lifesmart Infrared Fireplace can be installed anywhere since no venting is required.
- There is no cost of installation for this unit. set it where you want it and plug into your standard 15 amp 110 volt outlet.
- It uses 3 commercial grade quartz infrared elements to produce it’s heat.
- It uses up to 1500watts for it’s zone heating.
- This fireplace produces realistic fireplace flames just like the real thing.
- Spreading the heat is a fan that gently blows the heat round.
Price and reviews.
a) Color – Burnished Oak
b) Material – Wood
c) Item Dimensions LxWxH – 28 x 11 x 20 inches
d) Finish Type – Oak
e) Item Weight – 40 Pounds
f) Ventilation Type – Vent Free
g) Heat output – 5100
h) Burner type – Quartz
i) Heating coverage – 1000 sq ft
- Great price point
- Easy to move around
- Heats very well and fast
- Easy to set up
- Easy to operate.
Fan slightly noisy.
Best infrared electric fireplace insert.
- This infrared electric fireplace gives off a very realistic fireplace flame effect because of 3D flame technology and the brightness can be adjusted.
- This unit produces heat that does not dry out the air, leaving you with comfortable warm air.
- The heat capacity is 5200 BTU that can heat up a space of about 1000sq ft.
- Built in is a safer plug, fire prevention technology, which prevents electrical fire due to too much heat on the plug.
- Also it has the safer sensor fire prevention technology. this will alert you when the heater is obstructed and then automatically shut off.
- It has remote control for convenience.
Price and reviews.
a) Material – Metal 77.3%, Plastic 10.5%, Glass 7.2%, Electronic 5%
b) Item Dimensions LxWxH – 23.6 x 8.5 x 20 inches
c) Item Weight – 17.95 Pounds
d) Ventilation Type – Vent Free
e) Heat output – 5200
f) Burner type – Quartz
g) Heating coverage – 1000sq ft.
- Heats very well
- Beautifully made
- You can use with or without heat.
- It is very quiet with the heat off.
- Plenty of flame options
Operation manual not well written.
Best infrared electric fireplace logs
- This infrared electric fireplace heater provides supplemental zone heating with a power of 5,200BTU.
- It projects realistic flames from a log set and ember bed.
- it can be operated with or without heat.
- Like every infrared heater it doesn’t dry out the air.
- You instantly switch your existing fireplace by placing this log set on the floor of your fireplace.
Price and reviews.
a) Item Dimensions LxWxH – 20.51 x 8.66 x 12.6 inches
b) Item Weight – 14 Pounds
c) Heat output – 5200
d) Burner type – Quartz
e) Heating coverage – 1000 sq ft
- It has remote control for convenience
- Great ambience
- Heats well
- Beautiful to look at
- Well priced
Some customers complain of some noise when the heater is on.
Best infrared electric fireplace wall mount.
- This is a very versatile infrared electric fireplace. It can be wall mounted, freestanding, built into a wall, depending on how you like it.
- It comes with a 5200 BTU heater that can heat a room of about 1000 sq. ft.
- The realistic flame effect can be operated with or without heat.
- It has digital thermostat, remote control for convenience and an electronic timer function to set hours of operation between 30 minutes to 9 hours.
- Different color options for side lights and up lights.
- For safety against fire, it has the safer plug technology to prevent the plug from overheating.
Price and reviews.
a) Brand – Classic Flame
b) Color – Black
c) Material – Glass
d) Item Dimensions LxWxH – 46.57 x 10.24 x 23.42 inches
e) Finish Type – Black
f) Item Weight – 52.36 Pounds
g) Ventilation Type – Vent Free
h) Heat output – 5200
i) Burner type – Quartz
j) Installation Type – Wall Mount
- Heats well.
- Great design and adds to room décor.
- Multiple settings for colors and brightness of flames.
- Silent remote control. No beeping
- Safer plug to prevent over heating of plug
- You can use heat without flames and use flames without heat.
It does not give out radiant heat (true infrared ). It has a blower fan that blows out the heat from the unit.
Best infrared electric fireplace stove
Click below to see the review.
Author: Saleh Ibrahim