There are several options you have on how to protect polyester couch. It doesn’t matter if it is a new couch or an old one. These methods will ensure you keep using your polyester fabric couch for a long time to come.
Pretreatment of your polyester couch.
Investing in a new couch or sofa made of polyester ? you need to protect your polyester couch so that it lasts for a long time. whether you are buying it at a really low price or expensive price, it is important you take the extra steps to protect it to ensure it lasts and you don’t have to deal with a bunch of stains and grimy smells on your couch.
So I’m going to show you how to protect your new sofa, couch, loveseat, chair, made of polyester or whatever kind of fabric furniture you might buy. It’s a really easy process which you can quickly do yourself. This could save you a $200 to $250 using a professional. Instead spend $20 to 40$ and do it yourself.
Find fabric Scotchgard protector spray. You can get easily online or at your local store. There are other fabric protector sprays that you can use and will do a good job too. Scotchgard is a really good brand and many online can attest to that.
- Water-based spills are repelled by strong fabric protection, making cleanup simpler.
- It can be used on Upholstery, curtains, pillows, table linens, backpacks, luggage, and other household items benefit from this treatment.
- Application that is easy to use
- 4.It dries clear and without odor.
Now the step by step on how to protect polyester couch.
- So the first thing you’re going to do is shake the Scotchgard protector spray can very well.
- Then keep the can six to eight inches away from the fabric furniture you’re spraying and that’s what the company recommends.
- Then just go in line so you can kind of keep track of where you’re at and you don’t miss any spots. It’s helpful because you can kind of see the wet spots and then make sure you do not get them on the metal. Be careful with wedding ring or any other type of jewelry you may have on. If you have hardwood floor it is advisable to cover it too.
- You’re just going to go into sections until the entire couch is complete.
- So, that is just it.
- Spray the entire couch in sections, let it dry, and then get another coat.
So that is how to protect polyester couch. Have a nice time spraying your couch.
Professional treatment for your polyester couch.
It is a good habit to use a professional service once in a year to treat your couches. Just go online and look for one near and choose the one that is within your budget. The advantage in this option is that they know what to use and how to use it. They know the safe, effective, professional products for an effective protection of your couches.
Using couch covers to protect polyester couch.
You can also use couch covers to protect polyester couch. Couch covers can protect your polyester furniture from wear and tear, spills and stains of everyday life. This is very good for family or homes with children and pets.
Some of these couch covers are elegant, with quilted texture, thick microfiber, colorfast. And are water resistant.
They also come with elastic straps, longer over the arm flap to make the fabric more tight. Two foam pipes, which tucked into the grooves on two sides to stay in place better.
Keep out of direct sunlight to protect polyester couch.
Lastly, keep your polyester couch out of direct sunlight. This helps to keep your couch looking new for as long as possible. Remember, direct sunlight on the furniture fabric can cause fading fast.
Maintaining your polyester couch.
In order to protect your polyester couch from damage you have to be prepared for the occasional spills and how to take care of them. Polyester fabric couch are relatively easy to maintain. While your pretreatment of your couch will last for some time, you have to take action immediately when you observe that a spill is stagnant on the surface of the fabric of the couch. So before it soaks the fabric, get some water and a piece of cloth to softly blot any spill.
You can occasionally vacuum clean your polyester couch to remove all the crumbs and pet hair that might have fallen into crevices. If these crumbs contain oily ingredient this could cause some discoloration of the couch and damage it overtime. For heavier greasy stains, always have on hand a fabric grease cleaner like the Chemical Guys CWS20316 Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner.
what is polyester?
polyester is a man-made material and it was first made in the 1950s. it is a petroleum-based synthetic fiber .
Polyester fabric is very durable and the wear and tear on it is really good.
It is strain resistant. Polyester pellets are made from a type of oil. Polyester is also very easily blended with other fabrics. One of the advantages of polyester is that it washes and dries very easily. That is why it’s known as a wash and wear type of fabric.
What are some characteristics of polyester fabric?
- it doesn’t wrinkle a lot and you don’t have to iron it.
- it is a very durable fabric and it dries quickly.
- the color does not fade as easily and it is machine washable.
- it retains its shape meaning it doesn’t usually stretch that much.
- and it is quite an inexpensive fabric.
- It doesn’t breathe.
- It retains oil. And this is not good for your couch if made of polyester.